Friday, April 08, 2011

Early Garden


I toyed with the idea of posting today's effort.... but seemingly barren dirt is no joy to view. Newborn photos will follow when sprouting occurs. I planted lettuces in pots today... endive, Mesclun mix, and arugala. I'm hoping for baby lettuce salads in two or three weeks..... I also planted red mustard and sugar snap peas this morning, hoeing, preparing the space in the beds, and trying to teach Cinnamon and Raffi that the beds are NOT play space... They have tilled where I planted the peas and the chard with their romping.... so far nothing growing there, but I know that growth happens where it can't be seen before it happens visibly.... and that it's on ITS timetable, not mine... so I am patiently waiting, and trusting that the dogs have not disturbed the growth too terribly. This, also, was my excercise today.



I am drinking ginger tea daily. It has a reputation for being healing for inflammation, and recent evidence supports the idea that type 2 diabetes is an inflammatory disease... so.....it is important NOT to heat the ginger above 140 degrees, to keep the effect of the enzymes intact.... so, with lemon (rumored to be alkalyzing... who knew?) and a bit of honey, i indulge in ginger tea, hoping that it is a wonderful addition to achieve good health.



An important part of my health is my intent to Spin, Dye, and Promote "Grown and Made in Chautauqua county" this summer. To that end, I have LOVELY white alpaca on the wheel.... although this picture is a bit dark (why was I awake at 5AM?) it clearly shows some of the second bobbbin.... so, this weekend, I will ply.... and continue carding. I'm waiting to hear about some Corriedale and Cormo... my drum carder will have a workout! I will chronicle it's processing to post here and in the shop!


Today we will find out if the government shuts down.... I pray that the Democrats do not cave in to unreasonable expectations of the Republicans.

No comments: